• Unerase files from formatted or corrupted memory
• Restore deleted files from any type of volume – internal storage, SD card, OTG mount
• Recover documents, pictures, video, music, archives, ebooks and binaries
• Scan for deleted call logs, SMS and WhatsApp or Viber conversations
• Save restored files directly to Dropbox and Google Drive
• Securely delete (permanently erase) files using the system Share menu from any app
• Shred files that could otherwise be restored by 3rd parties
File types: Journal scanning can discover files with any conceivable extension. Essentially these files are still on your volume with their data in allocated sectors. Journal scan is only available on EXT4 and derived file systems.
Deep scan heuristically scans for and recovers the following types of files: BMP, JPEG/JPG, PNG, MNG, JNG, GIF, MP4, AVI, MKV, MP3, OGG, OGM, WAV, FLAC, AMR, MP4A, PDF, SXD, SXI, SXC, SXW, ODT,ODG, ODS, ODP, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, ZIP, JAR, APK, EPUB.
Data scanning is available for a select number of apps, including the system phone and SMS applications. Data will be recovered in the form or HTML files for WhatsApp and Viber, as we cannot merge third-party catalogs.
Shred/secure delete: Files found on free disk areas can be erased permanently in bulk using the Shred function. You can also use the system-wide Share menu to securely erase files directly through any other app, for example by opening the gallery, selecting a number of images, pressing the Share button and selecting Secure delete.
For a beginners tutorial on how to use this app, look here: http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-to/recover-deleted-files-photos-android-0157040/